CALL FOR YOUTH PROGRAMME COMMITTEE MEMBERS
The Youth committee shall consist of 4 members from each of the 5 regions in Africa making a total of 20 members and shall be between the ages of 18-30 from different organizations, countries and each of the 5 regions, with a fair representation from both French and English speaking countries within each of the 5 regions.
Selected head of each of the 5 regions; Central Africa, East Africa, North Africa, Southern Africa and West Africa will make up the executive committee who will work with their other three members and networks in each of the regions. These heads will report and work closer with the ICASA 2019 Secretariat to meet the following objectives.
a) To guide, develop and finalize a youth programme for ICASA 2019
b) To promote meaningful youth engagement and participation in the field of HIV at ICASA 2019 and beyond.
c) To amplify youth voices on HIV, TB, Malaria and emerging infections throughout the ICASA 2019 programme.
Youth committee members should be diverse young people; young people living with HIV, young people with disabilities, key populations etc. coming from different countries in each of the 5 regions of Africa
- Must be between the ages of 18-30 working with youth-led organisations in the field of HIV and Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights (SRHR) in Central Africa, East Africa, North Africa, Southern Africa and West Africa.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience on youth engagement in HIV and SRHR advocacy.
- Should be a member and/or have access to Youth SRHR and HIV Networks in Africa
- Must be able to work with cross-cultural and a diverse group of young people
- Should be a team player and can communicate in English and/or French or both.
- Must have access to internet and email
- Should be available to dedicate at least 10 hours a week on youth committee related work.
To nominate or apply, send details in a cover letter, CV and recommendation letter from affiliated youth organization or network to email@example.com with subject line ICASA Youth Programme Committee Nomination. Cover letter and recommendation letter should be addressed to the director of the conference.
Deadline : 28th May 2019.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR YOUTH PROGRAMME SESSIONS AND YOUTH PAVILION ACTIVITIES
The ICASA Youth Programme Committee is calling on all youth and youth organizations working in the field of HIV, TB, Malaria, emerging infections and SRHR to submit proposals for the following sessions;
- ICASA Youth Pre-conference (2nd December 2019 from 10am-2pm)
- Youth Special sessions within the ICASA 2019 Programme
- 3rd December from 10:45-12:15pm 100 room Capacity
- 3rd December 12:45-2:15pm 300 Room Capacity
- 6th December 12:45pm-2:15pm 100 Room Capacity
- Youth Pavilion activities (3rd - 7th December 2019, From 10:15am-6:00pm)
To enhance meaningful youth engagements, all proposals for ICASA Youth pavilion activities (sessions/dance) are expected to;
- Engaging all leadership on the youth financing activities towards ending AIDS.
- Stimulate discussions and actions for meaningful youth engagement in ICASA 2019 Thematic areas
- Develop and build the skills of youth participants on HIV and SRHR programming and advocacy at ICASA 2019 and beyond
- To amplify youth voices in leadership, innovations and technology, social interventions on HIV, SRHR, TB, Malaria and emerging infections at ICASA 2019 and beyond.
- Reflect the needs of diverse youth, promote HIV prevention, inclusivity of vulnerable populations.
- Youth Leadership in AIDS free Africa.
- Youth Innovations and Technology towards HIV and SRHR programming in Africa
- Social structures to increase access to services and agency for Adolescent girls and young women
- Emerging trends on HIV, SRHR, TB, Malaria and emerging infections in Africa
- Criminalization and discrimination
Please Note: A section duration must not exceed 90 minutes
Click to submit proposals for youth sessions/activities
SUBMISSIONS CLOSE ON 1st July 2019
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org