Reporter: Iradukunda Fidela
Moderator: Olive Mumba
- Maziko Matemba from Malawi gave the overview of the country coordination mechanism (CCM) evolution and the CCM Plus Project.
- Josephat from the Africa Constituency Bureau (ACB) clarified the role of the governments in the engagement of the civil society organizations in the CCM.
- Onesmus Mlewa Kalama from the EANNASO showed how to develop and promote a regional learning platform for exchange of knowledge on HIV prevention, and how the countries should use the little resources they have to co-finance their programs.
- Ida savandogo from RAME in from Burkina Faso talked about the CCM evolution in Burkina Faso, Niger and Guinea.
- Mhsome Charles, from the project RIPOSTE in Mali, Burkina Faso, Burundi and Iles talked about the strengthening of the participation of key population in the CCM.
- Amal, the Coordinator of the regional global fund MENA showed the role of the regional platforms in the strengthening of CSOs in the CCM.
- Mr Matemba presented the case of Malawi and the CCM evolution. He noted that the CCM evolution presents an opportunity for transitioning. The government of Malawi is co-financing the CSO on the CCM. It has launched the CCM Malawi website to help all the CSO members on the CCM to have timely exchange of information.
- Ida Savandogo clarified that 15% of the Global Fund is allocated to the CSOs on the CCM. For this reason, all the CSOs engaging with the Global Fund must be members of the CCM. She discussed the governance, transparency and anti-corruption campaigns and actions.